Metal braces are the most recognized type of braces, and they can be pretty awesome to wear! At Lineberger Orthodontics, Dr. Matt Lineberger, Dr. Megan Lineberger, Dr. Claire Fedore and Dr. Bhaven Sayania, offer metal braces for the residents of Charlotte, Elizabeth, Huntersville and surrounding communities in North Carolina.
What are Metal Braces?
Metal braces are a combination of silver-colored brackets, bands and archwires that straighten your teeth and improve your bite. You may also have elastics and other parts to your braces. But what’s so great about having metal braces?
- People tend to be more comfortable smiling with braces than before they got braces.
- Braces help you master oral hygiene, such as brushing and flossing.
- Metal braces add bling!
- Sharing your progress on social media.
- Making new friends with others who also have braces.
- Everyone is excited to see your new smile.
- BFFs having braces at the same time!
- The day when you have them taken off and love the way you look!
What are the Benefits of Metal Braces?
So why do you even need braces? Here are just some of the benefits.
- Reposition your teeth to prevent tooth loss and gum disease
- Help you speak and chew better
- Improve your oral hygiene habits
- Give you lifelong pride in your smile
How Do Metal Braces Work?
So how do all those strange little pieces work to straighten your teeth? Metal braces are a bit of science and art. Your orthodontist understands what parts to use in what manner to move your teeth and correct your jaw. The key is the archwires attached to the brackets and bands. These wires are tightened slightly during your follow up appointment. The tension slowly moves your teeth.
What Can Be Corrected with Metal Braces?
- Overlapping and crooked teeth
- Spaces and gaps between the teeth
- Overbites, underbites and crossbites
- Front teeth that stick out
- Crowding of the teeth
What Should I Expect from Metal Braces?
It will take a few days to get used to having your braces. After that, you will have some new brushing and flossing techniques to learn, and yes, you will need to avoid certain foods while wearing braces.
How Much Do Metal Braces Cost?
At L.O., metal braces and Invisalign® cost about the same. We offer two options to help you keep the cost within budget.
- Tiered treatment plans based on how much you can afford each month
- In-house financing
Does Insurance Cover Metal Braces?
Thank goodness for dental insurance. Most plans include a lifetime benefit for orthodontic treatment. You may have some out-of-pocket expenses for co-payments, deductibles and co-insurance.
Metal braces represent a new stage in your life, and that’s exciting! Lineberger Orthodontics offers metal braces for the residents of Charlotte, Elizabeth, Huntersville and surrounding communities in North Carolina. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.