Fancies himself the ‘vision guy’ for the practice, which really means he gets to jump around and say crazy things like let’s put a big adult slide in the office and others have to figure out how to actually do it.
Eternal optimist, coffee addict, can’t really grow facial hair, and literally loves showing up to work each and every day to chat it up, fistbump, sing and dance, and enhance some smiles as well, obvi. Nothing else in the world this guy would rather be doing, except maybe searching the web for retro Air Jordans.
Want to Know More About Dr. Matt?
- Although a lifelong Tarheel by birth, Doc Mateo spent most of his life in East Grand Rapids, MI, where he attended the high school The American Pie movie trilogy was based on.
- When his pops thought Matt and his two younger brothers were playing too much Nintendo, he decided to move the family to the British Virgin Islands where they were home schooled on a sailboat for a year.
- Degenerate Sneakerhead.
- Played shooting guard at Wake Forest University his freshman year – he made one basket.
- He is an avid fan and connoisseur of horrible movies: The Room, Gymkata, Troll 2, and most LMN movies are his absolute favorites; he will discuss with anyone who will listen.
- The dude loves some music – which you will know immediately upon entering our smile shop
Super Fancy Awards and Nerdy Dental Accolades
- Like Dr. Megan, he also produced a long (84 page) rich and supple leather bound thesis with the world famous orthodontist Dr. James McNamara to earn his Masters Degree
- ACC Honor Athlete
- Has a really smart sounding paper published in the prestigious American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthodpedics titled Effects of Rapid Maxillary Expansion in Hyperdivergent Patients
- American Board of Orthodontics certified orthodontist